Thursday, September 28, 2006

For David Lynch

"I would like, in general, to treat people with much more
care and respect. I would like to climb a tall hill, sit in
the cool grass and feel the sun on my face. I would very
much like to make love to a beautiful woman who I had
genuine affection for. I would like that very much."
-Dale Cooper



What do we leave when we die?
A word, a song, a bench, a sigh:
"You were here before she and I,"
My head is numb, my eyes are dry-
Just as well that I won't cry.

Still the planet isn't static-
The earth moves, the crust renews.
Jesuits, evangelicals, deists
Believe your myths
I tell you this:

When I die I will persist
Still in some form, I know not which
And so continue to exist.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?